* 2021 “Art Studio Tour of Monterey Exhibition” at Pacific Grove Art Center Gallery, Pacific Grove, CA, April 2- 29, 2021. Opening is from 1- 5pm, April 2nd.
* 2021 California Art Club Show, “Excellence in Traditional Fine Art: Renewal and Rebirth”, Virtual exhibition (due to Covid-19), March-June.
*Monterey County Artist Open Studio Tour 2021
Please note: Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic in 2020, the Monterey County Open Artist Studio Tour has been postponed until sometime in the future to be announced). I am sorry this event has been canceled due to Covid.
•2019 Sausalito Art FestivalBooth 640, Labor Day Weekend August 30 – September 2nd, 2019, Saturday & Sunday 10 AM – 7 PM, Monday, September 2nd 10 AM – 5 PM. Feel free to see me and my newest paintings in Booth 640 at the biggest seaside art festival in the United States across the Bay from San Francisco at beautiful, scenic Sausalito! I’m very excited and humbled to be selected from thousands of applicants with 240 other talented artists to show our artworks at this wonderful venue. There’ll be concerts, performances, inspiring artists, and delicious food. Please see SausalitoArtFestival.org for more info. Hope to see you at Booth 640!
- International Guild of Realism (IGOR) Winter Salon Online Exhibition, March – June, 2019
- LPAPA “14th Annual Best of Plein Air” Show in the Daily Brushwork Online Gallery thru July 23rd, 2018 at DailyBrushwork.com for “Two Ships Passing in the Light”
- “A TOAST TO THE COAST” a juried exhibition with the Central Coast Plein Air Painters at: Wargin Wines Tasting Room, 11 Hangar Way, Watsonville, CA. July 6th – August 31st, 2018. Artist Reception: July 6th from 4:00 – 8:00 pm. “First Place Award” to Daphne Nixon for the painting, “Swans Nesting Under the Trestle Bridge, Capitola”, 11×16”, oil on board.
- “OIL PAINTERS OF AMERICA WESTERN REGIONAL EXHIBITION of TRADITIONAL OILS”The Illume Gallery of Fine Art and the Mission Gallery, Saint George, Utah, from November 10 – December 9th, 2017.Opening reception: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Friday, November 10th, 2017 at the Illume Gallery of Fine Art, 29 West 200 North, Saint George, Utah.
- CAPITOLA PLEIN AIR paint out November 1st-5th around CapitolaSunday, November 5th, 11am – 4 pm, November 5th, 2017 Exhibit at the New Brighton School Performing Arts Center, 250 Walburn Street, Capitola, CA
- MONTEREY COUNTY ARTISTS OPEN STUDIO TOURCome visit my art studio and see where I paint! Follow the map… I am number 22!September 23-24, 2017, from 11am – 5 pm at Lion Springs Lavender Farm, 73 East Carmel Valley Road, Carmel, California.
You’re welcome to attend the opening reception Gala on Thursday, September 14th, 2017, fin 6-8 pm at the Walter Lee Avery Gallery, 440 Harcourt Ave., Seaside, CA. See you there!
- “12th ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL GUILD OF REALISM JURIED EXHIBITION”
Winfield Art Galley, on Dolores between Ocean & 7th Street, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 23rd, 2017, from 5:00 – 7:00 PM at the Winfield Gallery in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- “COLORFUL DESTINATIONS” Art Exhibit by the Coastal Plein Air Painters at the
Monterey County Transportation Building, Lobby Gallery, Salinas, CA
I’m happy and humbled to have won Third Place at this juried art show!
June 9th, 2017 – June 8th, 2018
Opening Reception: June 9th, 2017
“A Toast to Carmel” oil painting won the 3rd Place Award:
- “POP UP AND PAINT OUT” plein air event painting competition in Santa Cruz, California. Friday, June 2nd, 2017Downtown Santa Cruz from Sunrise to 3 PM.4:00-8:00 PM: Awards Ceremony and Plein Air Paint Exhibit (fresh newly created paintings still wet) at Plaza Lane, Santa Cruz, CA.Proceeds from sales to benefit the Coastal Watershed Council of Santa Cruz.Thank you very much to my talented and kind fellow artists who voted for me to receive the Artists’ Choice Award for my plein air painting, “Peek Thru Beach”, completed at the paint out on June 2nd!
- CALIFORNIA ART LEAGUE JURIED SHOW, “Whimsy”, San Fernando Valley Arts and Cultural Center Art Gallery, Oxnard, CA.April 29, 2017 – May 13th, 2017Reception: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 3:00 – 5:00 PM at the San Fernando Valley Arts and Cultural Center
- CARMEL VALLEY ART ASSOCIATION GALLERY
Starting December 1st, a selection of my paintings can be seen everyday from 11am – 4pm
13766 Center Street, Carmel Valley Village, California, 93924
- “A PLEIN AIR PERSPECTIVE”: a California Art Club Exhibition at the Millard Sheets Art Center Gallery, Pasadena, California
November 5 – January 28, 2017
Open to the Public – Saturdays 12-4pm, Millard Sheets Art Center at Fairplex, 1101 W. McKinley Ave. Pomona, CA 91768
Opening Reception: November 5, 2016 5:00-7:00pm
- “Oil Painters of America Western Regional Exhibition of Traditional Oils”, Marshall Gallery of Fine Art, Scottsdale, Arizona; November 4th – 30th, 2016. Opening Reception: Friday, November 4th from 6-9 PM at the Marshall Gallery of Fine Art, 7106 East Main St., Scottsdale, Arizona.
- “OPA 2016 Juried Salon Show”, sponsored by the Oil Painters of America, Castle Gallery Fine Art, Fort Wayne, Indiana, from September 30 – October 29th, 2016.Opening Reception to be held on Friday, September 30th, from 5:30 – 9:00 PM at 1202 West Wayne Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802. “Morning Cup of Gum Balls”, oil, 16″ x 20″, by Daphne Wynne Nixon
- “Paint the Peninsula“ Plein Air competition, Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, Port Angeles, WA, August 21-28, 2016. I was juried in with 24 other talented artists to paint outside “plein air” style in the Olympic National Park this summer to help raise money and promote the arts on the Olympic Peninsula and NW Washington. A fun, week-long event …come see fresh new paintings at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles, WA 98362 on Saturday & Sunday, Aug. 27th – 28th, from 1-8 PM. Awards reception from 6-8 PM on Sat., August 27th.
- 26th Annual “Best of America” Exhibition, sponsored by the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS), Addison Art Gallery, 43 South Orleans Road, Orleans, Cape Cod, MA. September 3rd – October 3rd. Grand Opening reception at 5:00pm, September 3rd, 2016 – all are invited. (“Dora’s Secret” oil painting was juried into this show.)
- “11th Annual International Guild of Realism Juried Exhibition”
Gallery 1261, Denver, Colorado, August 26th – September 17th, 2016
Opening day reception is August 26th, 2016, from 6-9 PM (“The Punch” oil painting was juried into this show).
- “Reflections in Water” Exhibition: Selections by the CALIFORNIA ART CLUB
St. Mary’s College Museum of Art, 1928 Saint Mary’s Road, Moraga, CA 94575
June 5th-August 28th, 2016 – Museum Hours 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 P.M. Wednesday thru Sunday. Opening night celebration is June 5th from 2:00 – 5:00 all are invited.AMERICAN WOMEN ARTISTS ONLINE JURIED SHOW, April 2016- April 2017
- NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS SOCIETY SPRING INTERNATIONAL ONLINE JURIED SHOW can be viewed at http://www.noaps.org for Spring 2016.
- CALIFORNIA ART LEAGUE Juried Show, “Art in a Free Society”
San Fernando Valley Arts & Cultural Center, 18312 Oxnard , Tarzana, CA
February 22nd – March 14th, 2016
Opening reception: Saturday, February 27th, from 2:00 – 4:00.
“Jamaican Rum Punch”, oil, 18″ x 24″, won an “Honorable Mention” award.
- “MASTERWORKS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL GUILD OF REALISM” Albany Museum of Art, Albany, New York: February 6th – June 11th, 2016. Daphne Wynne Nixon’s painting entitled, “Hardboiled Lemon & Egg Squeezer” is in the following exhibit:
8th ANNUAL “ART ABOUT AGRICULTURE” Juried Show
Santa Paula Art Museum
November 14, 2015 – January 31, 2016
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 4:00 – 6:00 PMat the Santa Paula Art Museum, 117 North Tenth Street, Santa Paula, 93060
- 1st Annual “CAPITOLA EN PLEIN AIR” Juried Competition
Exhibition, and Sale
November 7-8th, 2015
Esplanade Park, Capitola (by the beach)
Saturday, Nov. 7th from 10am to 2pm: Watch the artists paint live,
along the Esplanade, in Capitola Village, Depot Hill, and the Jewel Box.
Sunday, November 8th from 12pm – 6pm,
in Esplanade Park along the beach:
Browse and buy original artworks by more than 30 professional artists.
In case of rain, Sunday activities will be held at the Capitola Community Center at Jade St. Park (4400 Jade St.)
- MASTERWORKS MUSEUM TOUR, International Guild of Realism
*May 19, 2015 – July 26, 2015
The R.W. Norton Art Gallery, Shreveport, LA
*September 1 – October 31, 2015
The Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, FL
*February 6 – June 11, 2016
The Albany Museum of Art, Albany, GA
MASTERWORKS FROM THE INTERNATIONAL GUILD OF REALISM is a new initiative intended to recognize achievement in realism and result in a traveling museum exhibition. The exhibition consists of 70 artworks selected by a jury-of-peers shaped by input from the project’s curator/tour director. Artcyclopedia.com defines Contemporary Realism as a movement which emerged in America, in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s concerned with “the straightforward realistic approach to representation which continues to be widely practiced in this post-abstract era . . . (and) is different from Photorealism, which is somewhat exaggerated and ironic and conceptual in its nature.” The International Guild of Realism represents some 350 artists from some 35 countries around the world who form a disparate group, and, though literate in conventions of Modern Art, choose to work in traditional forms.
- “PAINT THE VILLAGE” Paint Out in Carmel Valley Village
March 28, 2015, 9am – 3pm at the Quail and Olive, Carmel Valley Village, CA
- THE PENCE GALLEY
The California Art Club’s (CAC) “The Beauty of the Seasons” Show
Opening Reception: Friday, May 8, 2015; 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at the Pence Gallery
May 8 – July 1, 2015
212 D Street
Davis, CA 95616
- INTERNATIONAL GUILD OF REALISM (IGOR)
Juried into the International Guild of Realism in 2015 as a professional member.
- CALIFORNIA ART LEAGUE (CAL) “SUMMERS PAST” Juried Show
Won the “First Place Award” for the oil painting, “Dora’s Secret” 18″x24″. Also on exhibit: “A Day Off” 16″x20″
June 27th – September 26, 2014
The Historic Blinn House Gallery, 160 North Oakland Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
Artist’s Reception: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Laguna Plein Air Painter’s Association “10th ANNUAL BEST OF PLEIN AIR”Show
Randy Higbee Gallery exhibiting, “The Weeds and the White Tower” oil painting 16″x 20″
- California Art Club’s “QUINTESSENTIAL CALIFORNIA” Show
Santa Paula Art Museum, Jeanette Cole Art Center, 117 North Tenth Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060
June 28th – November 2nd, 2014
Artist’s reception: Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- “TEXAS SPIRIT ART SHOW”
Old Post Office Museum and Art Center, 510 Third Street, Graham, Texas 76450
June 7th – July 7th, 2014
Opening reception: June 7th at 6:30 p.m.
Three paintings are accepted to this national juried art competition: “Dora’s Secret”, “Canning Candy Corn”, and “Strawberry Machine”.
- PLEIN AIR CONVENTION and EXPO Gallery
Group show of plein air painters at the Monterey Convention Center, 298 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA April 7-11, 2014
- PLEIN AIR WASHINGTON (PAWA) “State Parks Centennial Show” Juried Exhibit
American Art Gallery (the Northwest’s oldest art gallery)
1126 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402
October 17-December 31, 2013
Opening Reception: October 17th from 1-4 PM
Two of my paintings, “Cutts Island” and “View of Cutts Island from Kopachuk State Park” are also included in the book, “Washington En Plein Air Volume IV, Washington State Parks” and can be viewed and/or purchased at the website called “Blurb.com”… or go to http://www.blurb.com/b/4638742-washington-en-plein-air.
- CATHARINE LORILLARD WOLFE ART CLUB’S 117th JURIED EXHIBITION
National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, New York, NY
2013 “117th Annual Juried Open Exhibition”, October 1-25th
Awarded the “Jeffrey Sitts Memorial Award” for a painting.
Benefit Reception: October 11th, 2013, from 5:30 -8:00 at the National Arts Club to benefit the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- SANTA CRUZ ART LEAGUE
“All Those Figures” National Juried Exhibition, August 17, 2013 – September 15, 2013
Reception: August 24, 2013, 3-5pm at the Santa Cruz Art League, 526 Broadway, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- AMERICAN WOMEN ARTISTS
“2nd Place Award” for oil painting in “American Women Artists Juried Show for Associate Members 2013”. Painting to be displayed in “Southwest Art Magazine” July Issue.
“There were over 500 entries submitted to our first Online Juried Show of Associate Members, making it a challenging task for the jury to narrow the field to around 100 accepted works. Your 2nd Place award distinguishes you as one the very best of the artists selected as finalists. Again, congratulations on your outstanding entry.”
- GALLERY 110, Seattle, WA
- THE ARTIST”S MAGAZINE 29th ANNUAL ART COMPETITION
- LIGHT, SPACE and TIME GALLERY “Special Recognition Winning Artist” for the “2012 Seasons” November Exhibit: view on line
- THE HAGGIN ART MUSEUM
- 14th ANNUAL PORT TOWNSEND JURIED ART SHOW
- PENINSULA ART LAGUE 10TH ANNUAL JURIED SHOW 2012
- MARIN MUSEUM of CONTEMPORARY ART, Fall National Juried Exhibition, 500 Palm Drive, Novato, CA, Aug. 25th – Sept. 30th, 2012
- TWO WATERS ART ALLIANCE JURIED SHOW 2012
- GIG HARBOR HISTORY MUSEUM
GigFest Maritime Art Exhibition
June 4 – July 3rd, 2011, Tuesday – Sunday 10am-5pm
Artist Reception on Friday, June 3 form 5:30 – 7:30pm
4121 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor, WA 98332
- GALLERY ROW ART GALLERY
First Saturday Artwalk: Featured artist for the month of June 2011 – Daphne Nixon:
3102 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor, Washington
This gallery represents the artist’s oil paintings starting in March 2011.
Featured artist for the month of April 2011 – Daphne Nixon:
Reception: Saturday, April 2nd from 1-5 pm at Gallery Row in Gig Harbor during the “Gig Harbor Art Walk” which is the first Saturday of every month.
- PROCTOR ART GALLERY
Featured artist in June, 2011: Daphne Wynne Nixon
Reception date to be announced.
3811 North 26th Street, Tacoma, WA Open everyday 10-6, Sundays 11-5
- THE KIMBALL ESPRESSO GALLERY
Peninsula Art League 2011 Members Show
January 10th – February 7th, 2011, open everyday, at 6950 Kimball Drive, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Reception: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 3-5pm at Kimball Gallery
- SOUTHWEST ART MAGAZINE’ S “21 OVER 31” PAINTING COMPETITION
“Finalist” award: selected from 3,000 entries for the 2nd Annual Painting Competition…in the November 2010 Issue of “Southwest Art Magazine”.
- PROCTOR ART GALLERY
Daphne Nixon’s paintings on permanent display at 3811 N. 26th Street, Tacoma, WA
Gallery’s Anniversary Reception: Saturday, Jan, 29th, 2011, 1-4pm at Proctor Art Gallery
- PROCTOR ART WALK, Proctor District, Tacoma, WA November 6-16, 2010
Daphne’s paintings on display at Harp & Shamrock and also at Meg’s & Mo in the Proctor District.
- PENINSULA ART LEAGUE JURIED SHOW 2010 October 20- November 22, 2010 Civic Center, Gig Harbor, WA Juror’s Award to Daphne Nixon
- GIG HARBOR OPEN STUDIOS TOUR 2010
September 18 – 19, 2010, 10am- 5pm, Saturday and Sunday
I am Studio #3 on the Open Studios Tour Map which you can download at http://www.gigharboropenstudiostour.org.
There are 35 artists and 28 studios. Artists will open their studios to the public in the greater Gig Harbor and Fox Island Area. Come and see art in the making…
Maps to all the open studios will be available around Gig Harbor. There will also be signs around town directing you to the studios.
- HARVEST JUBILEE ART SHOW, “FARMS, FIELDS, and FOLIAGE” 2010
September 24-26, 2010 Show hours 9-5
Reception “Friday at the Floyd” 7:00 – 9:00 at Floyd 27108 102nd Ave N.W., Stanwood, WA
- 82nd ANNUAL GRAND NATIONAL EXHIBITION
The American Artists Professional League
November 2 – 12, 2010 daily from 1-5 pm Reception: Sunday, November 7th, 2 -5 pm
Salmagundi Club, Forty-Seven Fifth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10003
- The PROCTOR ARTS FEST JURIED SHOW 2010
First Place Painting Award, August 6-10, 11am – 4pm, 2010
Mason United Methodist Church, 2710 North Madison, Tacoma, WA 98406
- BELLEVUE ART MUSEUM ARTS FAIR 2010
July 23 – 25, 2010, Fri., Sat., & Sunday 9:30am – 9:30pm (Sunday 9:30 – 5:30)
Bellevue Arts Museum, 510 Bellevue Way, NE Bellevue, WA 98004. I will be in space L-02 under the parking structure.
Artists will be exhibiting in spaces located outside of Bellevue Square. BAM Artsfair includes Bellevue Museum Exhibits, Kidsfair, Artful Evening, Arts in Action Demonstration Stage, Chalk It Up, concessions, roving entertainers and live music a the live music at the new Eastside Arts Coalition Performance Stage. Over 320,000 people attended the BAM Artsfair in 2009. For 2010 this year, 953 artists applied to the BAM Artsfair and 325 artists were accepted. Hope to see you there!
- GIG HARBOR SUMMER ARTS FESTIVAL
July 17-18, 2010, Saturday and Sunday, 11-5 each day on Judson Street in Gig Harbor, WA
- The ROGUE GALLERY
Chelsea, Painting Exhibition, June 2010, New York City
- TOPANGA CANYON INN ART GALLERY
“The ART of LANDSCAPE 2010″ Juried Art Exhibition
April 20th – May 9th, Champagne Reception and Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 25th 1-5 PM
Topanga Canyon Inn Art Gallery, 20310 Callon Drive, Topanga, CA
- SEQUIM ARTS ANNUAL JURIED ART EXHIBIT 2010
Second Place Painting Award, May 6-9, 2010
St. Luke’s Episcopal Parish Hall, 525 N. Fifth Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382
- STILL LIFE OIL PAINTING CLASS with DAPHNE WYNNE NIXON
City of Auburn , March 11, 2010, Wednesday, 9am – 12 am
To register or for a full schedule of classes, call Maija McKnight at 253-931-3043 or go to http://www.auburnwa.gov/arts
The artist will demonstrate how to paint realistic still life oil paintings using traditional techniques and compositions, and provide individual help to improve painting skills.
- AUBURN CITY HALL ART GALLERY, AUBURN ARTS COMMISSION EXHIBITION featuring oil paintings by D. Wynne Nixon and Arlon Rosenoff
25 West Main Street, Auburn, Washington
February 1-26, 2010, 10am-5pm weekdays
Opening reception 5:30 – 7:00, Thursday, February 11, 2010 in the Lobby of Auburn City Hall, 25 West Main Street
- ART SLAM at the RIALTO THEATRE
November 18, 2009, 7-9 pm, doors open at 6:30 pm…reception to follow afterward. Free to the public.
Rialto Theatre, 310 S. 9th Avenue, Tacoma, Washington
Art Slam is a fast-paced format, a selection of work by local artists projected on the big screen and set to music…a fun, relaxing and inspiring evening. Daphne’s work as well as other artist’s work will be shown. Come and enjoy the fun!
- PHIL GLASHOFF’S HOME SHOW
Williams Road, Suisun Valley, CA
11am – 5pm , Saturday and Sunday, October 10-11, 2009
- SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: Showing of the independent film, “Wild About Harry” (a.k.a.”American Primitive”) in which Daphne Nixon’s murals are featured.
Showings at the Egyptian Theatre in Seattle, Washington:Friday, June 12, @7:00 PM and
Saturday, June 13, @4:30 PM 2009
- GREEN VALLEY CELLARS WINERY, Art Show
Mardi Gras Anniversary Celebration and Fundraiser with GVLA (Green Valley Landowner’s Association)
Saturday, May 16, 2009 from 11:00 – 5:00, 2009
1635 Mason Road, Suisun Valley, CA
- “ART ON THE VINE” Art Show
Saturday and Sunday, June 6-7 , 11:00 – 5:00, 2009
Wooden Valley Winery, Suisun Valley Road, Suisun Valley, CA 94534
- Hi Monique!!
Goede morgen! Hoe gat het met you? Is that how you spell it? I was trying to speak Dutch…haha! It is great to hear from you! I hope you are doing well. How are Briar and Sage? Are they in high school and college now? Do you live in Pleasant HIll? I think about you too and wonder how you are… and if you still get stroop waffles from the Dutch guy’s truck. Yummy. I’m still painting. We sold our house in Cordelia recently and moved to Washington near Seattle. If you come up in this direction, please stop and visit me! It would be so much fun to see you. Greg and Chloe would love to see Briar and Sage too. Tot ziens! DaphneDaphne Wynne Nixon said this on April 15, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Reply (edit)
- Hi again,
I was waiting to get a reply from you via email, that’s why I didn’t see your response until today. I hadn’t realized that you moved, that explains all the shows in Washington. Actually, my girls are living in Coeur d’Alene Idaho with their dad for the past year, so they are closer to you now. Saige is 19 and in college, studying to be a paramedic. Briar is almost 16 and a Sophomore in high school. I’m living in the same townhouse in Martinez. I still work in Concord at the same printing company.I am so impressed with what you’ve done, I can’t wait to see one of your shows. Will you have a show out this way any time soon?I try to stay away from all the Dutch goodies as much as possible because I don’t need the extra calories. I have an old Dutch friend that looked me up recently and she always likes to talk Dutch too, it’s sounds like you still know it well.Well, back to work – talk to you soon!MoniqueMonique Ihrig said this on April 21, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Reply (edit)